I have a confession to make—I envy those bloggers awarded with a Liebster. The long wait (not that long, though) is over because Jenv T Corre’s Wall is endowed with a Liebster award nomination. Yay!
I have Safia Begum of Imagine Forest to thank for the nomination.
Created in the summer of 2015, Imagine Forest, which has colorful graphics, by the way, aims to improve children’s writing skills. How will the blog do this? The answer is simple: by changing the children’s (and parents’) mindset about writing! Its motto is to inspire, learn and write.
Children needed guidance in writing. ~Safia Begum, Imagine Forest
On the blog are an ultimate collection of inspirational creative writing resources for kids. Activities, lessons, writing prompts and worksheets included!
One of my favorite blogs
Onto my favorite blog: Spell Saab by Saab Magalona-Bacarro. She is one of the daughters of OPM legend, Francis Magalona. She’s been blogging for 14 years now. Yup, you read that right—14 years! I learned a lot about blogging from her.
She blogged about her wedding with Jim Bacarro. Her wedding vow is always voted as one of the most original vows. She said, “You are a rare breed of Pokemon, and I caught you right when you evolved into your final form.
You are the man my dad would’ve wanted for his baby girl. There’s no doubt in my heart that he is happy to be giving me away to you today. I think my dream about you was some sort of sign. But I would’ve been afraid to act on it alone. Whatever force it was that nudged you towards me the next day, I’m ever so grateful for it.
Every day I’m thankful that we fell in love at the right time. Three years ago, I danced with you once upon a dream. Now I dance with you every night. And today I’m marrying my dream. Tonight, I’m finally gonna get to dance with my husband. I love you so much.”
And, she’s pregnant with twins.
Random facts about Jennevie and Jenv T Corre’s Wall
Now for the random facts about me and my blog.
- I currently work as a Content Writer and Researcher as well as a Corporate Blogger
- I used to work as an Academic Writer before becoming an SEO Article Writer
- I married Jun, my husband, on June 8, 2012, after living together for 3 years
- I have two daughters namely Sasha and Adele, both were born via C-section
- I stopped drinking coffee when I was 12 years old; I started drinking coffee again in August last year
- Jenv T Corre’s Wall was created in March 2017
- Having started several blogs before, I decided to create a blog with my name as the blog name, so I can take blogging more seriously this time
- I think I suck at motherhood/parenting so Jenv T Corre’s Wall is my way of documenting my journey as a mom and wife primarily
- I am into watching Korean dramas and movies; Full House, starring Song Hye-kyo and Rain, is my favorite
- My favorite number is 8 because it represents infinity 😀
Did you know that ‘liebster‘ is a German term that literally means ‘dearest’?
Questions from Imagine Forest
To accept the Liebster award, Safia asked me the following questions.
What is your favourite children’s book?
My favorite children’s book is Ibong Adarna. It’s a Filipino folk story about a magical bird—Ibong Adarna—that can heal any sickness upon hearing its [singing] voice.
What is your favourite children’s book character?
From reading the book, I always wished that I can be an Ibong Adarna too not because of its voice (I can’t sing) but because of how it looks. The bird is always depicted as a colorful bird.
What inspires you to write your posts and how do you deal with writer’s block?
My kids are the source of my inspiration. I also draw inspiration from my yearning to contribute to the mommy blogging world.
When it comes to dealing with writer’s block, I believe that the struggle is so real. True for all bloggers I know. Writer’s block looming in the corner, I always go back to inspiration #1, and I’m all set.
What was the best advice you ever received?
It’s not an advice given to me outrightly but a quote I read on the Internet. Drew Barrymore once said, “When I lay my head on the pillow at night I can say I was a decent person today. That’s when I feel beautiful.”
I live by this; it talks to me wanting to be the most humane I can be.
What made you start blogging? Where do you see yourself in a year from now?
I’m a corporate blogger for almost 10 years now. I regret that I didn’t take my previous blogs seriously; I should be earning thousands of dollars by now. Kidding. I created one in 2011 but totally forgot about it after a few posts. So here’s me upping my blogging game through creating a personal blog within a niche that is truly me.
A year from now, I’d still be blogging for sure.
Can you give one tip to other bloggers?
Always write from the heart. Through words, you can be a blessing to other people. Inspire others with your message.
If you could have a superpower, what would it be and why?
Invisibility! [Or, have an invisibility cloak at the very least.] I’ve always been awkward, and for those moments that I need to vanish instantly, I can definitely use this superpower.
I have picked nominees from the blogs I am following. Most of these blogs are mommy blogs since their ideals resonate with me. Follow these awesome blogs too.
Mommy Moo by Monique (blogging since January 2017)
Jac Rumusud Oebanda by Jac Rumusud Oebanda (blogging since August 2017)
The Peso-Pinching Pinay by E.S. Villamor (blogging since September 2017)
I Just Wanna Finish My by Bee (blogging since July 2017)
The Unfiltered Momma by Haley (blogging since August 2017)
The Darling Mama by Stephanie (blogging since April 2017)
Mrs Mama Kate by Kate (blogging since February 2017)
Mediocre Mom Blog by Danielle (blogging since August 2017)
Not a Cool Mom Blog by Fallon (blogging since June 2017)
This Mom Blogs by by Laura (blogging since August 2017)
Questions for my nominees
- What’s an ideal day for you?
- What is your perk-me-up go-to snack?
- What is your life song and why did you choose that song?
- What is that one thing that you always brag about?
- Where do broken hearts go?
- What is your blogging principle?
- Have you experienced an ethical dilemma in your life? How did you deal with it?
- If you will die tomorrow, why not today?
- What is your greatest fear ever?
- How do you want people to remember you after you die?
- If you can travel back in time, what period would you want to be? Why?
If you’ve been nominated for a Liebster award, visit The Global Aussie website to know more about the rules and steps and select official 2017 Liebster awards image to display on your blog. Leave a comment below so I’ll know that you’ve accepted my nomination.
I’m looking forward to reading your posts. Cheers!
About the Liebster Awards
An ever-evolving way to acknowledge up and coming bloggers, the Liebster awards are a great opportunity for new bloggers out there. The awards aim to promote the new blogs and garner more readers, connect with other bloggers and support the blogging community.
Furthermore, it was originally given to blogs with 2,000 readers and up. Nowadays, blogs with 200 readers or less may receive a nomination. If you have been nominated, please follow these rules.
- Thank the person who nominated you. Mention the blogger and blog’s name. Link back to his/her blog. Introduce the blog.
- Display the award on your blog as a widget or an image within the post. [I use mine as the featured image.]
- Name your favorite blog. Write between 150 and 300 words about it. Put links on the texts.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself. [Optional]
- Nominate between 5 and 11 blogs that you feel deserve the same award, with less than 200 followers.
- Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
- List the rules on your post so your nominees are guided.
- Inform the people/blog owners that they have been nominated for the Liebster award. Provide a link to your post.